Human Resource Links for ICP's
IPAC Canada offers these links for additional resources for infection control professionals. Links presented here do not imply endorsement by IPAC Canada.
Resources that may be used by ICPs to enhance their infection control programs and resources.
- Essential Resources for Effective Infection Prevention and Control Programs: A Matter of Patient Safety - A Discussion Paper (2010) (PHAC)
- Best Practices for Infection Prevention and Control Programs in Ontario (PIDAC)
- Framework for Staffing and Core Competencies Training Designed for Infection Control Programs (PICNet)
- Professional Practice Standards for Infection Control (2008) These standards have been developed by CHICA–Canada and APIC to provide a written reference from which regulatory and accrediting agencies can define infection control competency.
- Requirements for Infrastructure and Essential Activities of Infection Control and Epidemiology in Hospitals: A Consensus Panel Report (1998) Assessment of needs for a healthy and effective hospital-based infection control and epidemiology program.
- Staffing requirements for infection control programs in US health care facilities: Delphi project (AJIC/APIC) Abstract from AJIC journal promoting 0.8-1.0 ICP per 100 acute care beds. Excellent resource for making that business case!
- Letter to Administrators: The Membership Core Committee has created a template for members and non-members to use when discussing CHICA membership with decision-makers. The template can be addressed, additional information added, and the member/potential member can sign the letter if required.