Resources / Publications
- Alerts, Recalls and Advisories
- Antibiotic-Resistant Organisms (AROs)
- Avian Influenza
- Carbapenemase-resistant Enterobacteriaceae
- Clostridium difficile
- IPAC Canada Position Statements
- Community Care
- Disaster-Related Infections
- Earling Learning/Childcare
- Ebola Virus
- Emerging Infections (includes WNV, SARS)
- Extended-spectrum Beta Lactamase (ESBL)
- Evidence-Based Guidelines
- Hand Hygiene
- H1N1 Influenza
- Home Care
- Human Resources for ICPs
- Infection Control Websites of Interest
- Influenza(includes pandemic Influenza, avian influenza, H1N1)
- Laboratory Infection Control
- Long-term Care Homes
- Mental Health
- Non-acute Care Links
- Pandemic Influenza
- Physician Office
- Prehospital Care
- Promotion of Infection Control
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Ressources françaises
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
- Surveillance & Statistics
- Vancomycin-resistant Enterococci (VRE)
- Viral Haemorrhagic Fever
- West Nile Virus (WNV)
- Zika Virus
IPAC Canada offers these links for additional resources for infection control professionals. Links presented here do not imply endorsement by IPAC Canada.
- Alerts & Recalls – Listing of alerts and recalls from past postings for reference.
- Public Health Advisories for Health Professionals from the Public Health Agency of Canada
Information links and resources for ICPs and other health care providers regarding resistant bacteria, including MRSA, VRE, ESBLs, CPE and C.difficile.
A list of infection control-related associations and organizations for quick access.
Information links and resources for ICPs and other health care providers regarding bioterrorism and biological warfare.
A collection of information links and resources for ICPs to assist them to monitor maintenance and construction activities in their facility. IPAC Canada members may find additional information and tools on the Facility Design & Construction Interest Group Web Page (IPAC Canada member password required).
Links to websites that specialize in communications and public relations.
Links to resources for infection prevention following natural disasters or other emergency situations. Check here for what to do following earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, tsunamis and more. Includes safe food and drinking water, waterborne diseases and a wealth of other resources.
Keep up with the latest information on new and changing infections. This web page offers links to sites that are involved with surveillance and monitoring for new and evolving infectious diseases as well as links to our web pages on Influenza/Pandemic Influenza/Avian Influenza/H1N1 Influenza, MERS-CoV, SARS and West Nile Virus.
One of our most widely used resources, this website provides links to guidelines, policies and standards that infection control professionals may use to support their own documentation and best practices. This is a quick way to find information from PHAC, CDC, APIC, SHEA and WHO, as well as Provincial guidelines.
PCI Canada offre ces liens pour les ressources additionnelles en françaises pour des professionnels de commande d'infection.
A compilation of information and resources for ICPs to enhance educational programs. Topics include: rationale for hand hygiene; hand hygiene procedures; hand hygiene standards & guidelines; education & teaching aids; hand hygiene publications, research & references; hand hygiene information for teachers & children; and historical information about hand hygiene.
Resources that may be used by ICPs to enhance their infection control programs. Includes guidelines and recommendations for ICP training, numbers, and infection control program content; standards; professional practices standards, and more!
Websites that pertain exclusively to infection prevention and control.
A listing of infection control journals and other medical journals and publications.
Links to infection prevention and control resources that are of interest to the non-acute care sector - prehospital care/EMS, long term care/nursing homes, community care, home care, clinic/ambulatory care, physician/dental offices, mental health and early learning/childcare.
Use these resources to publicize your infection control activities.
- Resources for Infection Control Week – Promote your week with our help! You are provided with an outline and suggestions for the organization of your event, some fun activities you can do, and lots of free samples to help get you started. Have a great week!
- Latest News
- Nosocomial and Occupational Infections
- Guidelines Disease prevention and control guidelines
Tools and websites to help you carry out surveillance and analyse the results.